New rental assistance program for RREM program homeowners
03/16/2015 No Comments
A new program to help homeowners with short term rentals while they raise their home was revealed today. The Social Services Block Grant (SSBG) Rental Assistance Program provides short-term rental assistance in the form of a grant to homeowners participating in the Rehabilitation, Reconstruction, Elevation and Mitigation (RREM) or the Low-to-Moderate Income Homeowners Rebuilding (LMI).
If you can answer yes to the questions below, you maybe eligible to apply.
From the website: http://www.nj.gov/dca/hmfa/homeownership/owners/ssbg/index.shtml:
If You Can Answer “YES” to ALL of the Following, You May be Eligible for the SSBG Rental Assistance Program
- Are you a Homeowner with an executed Rehabilitation, Reconstruction, Elevation and Mitigation (RREM) or LMI Homeowners Rebuilding (LMI) Program grant agreement?
- Is construction of your primary residence not yet complete?
- Is your primary residence located in Atlantic, Bergen, Cape May, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, or Union county?
- Are you a United States citizen or a resident alien?
- Do you have an outstanding mortgage on your primary residence?
- Do you have an executed lease for a rental property in New Jersey during the time of your primary residence?
- Is your landlord willing to participate in the program?
It is advised that you speak to your landlord before you begin the application process. Any rental assistance received through this program will be paid to the rental property owner, not to the homeowner, as required by federal regulations.